Mattress King Warranty Information
Sometimes, even the highest quality products may fail, show early signs of wear, or have a manufacturing defect, after all they’re all hand made. At Mattress King, we stand by our commitment to help you get your best night’s sleep. If something goes wrong with a product you purchased from us, we’re here to help guide you through the warranty process. It’s important to know that your mattress warranty is covered by the manufacturer, not by Mattress King, and the process may differ depending on the product type and brand. Because we’re in the business of giving you peace of mind, we’ve set up a list of things to help you determine if there’s a defect that is covered and to help facilitate the process.
What is covered by the Manufacturer’s Warranty?
A warranty protects your purchase from defects in manufacturing – not from damage caused by use, or by normal wear and tear. You can find specific details on what is and isn’t covered on your manufacturer’s warranty card and by this list we’ve provided below.
These warranties are non-transferable and only cover the original purchaser/current owner and must have been purchased directly from an authorized Mattress King location.
Manufacturer warranties are limited to material defects resulting from defective materials or workmanship in the product you have purchased.
Specifically, these warranties cover the following defects, provided that they arise or appear in circumstances in which you have handled, maintained, and used the product only for its intended purpose and have not subjected it to conditions likely to cause deterioration or damage beyond normal wear:
- Deterioration causing the mattress to have a visible indentation greater than 1.5 inches that is not associated with an indentation or sag which results from use of an improper or unsupportive foundation or frame without adequate center support . Normal wear requires that a mattress be continuously supported by a matching foundation or adjustable bed base with a proper bed frame with center support legs sufficient to support the collective weight of the mattress and foundation.
- Any physical flaw in the mattress that causes the foam material to split or crack, despite normal usage and proper handling.
- Coil or wires that are loose or broken, coils or wires that protrude or rip through the mattress fabric.
What is not covered by this Warranty?
- A normal increase in softness of the foam pressure-relieving material which does not affect the pressure-relieving qualities of the mattress
- Comfort preference
- Physical abuse or damage to the structure and/or cover material, including but not limited to, burns, cuts, tears, liquid damage, or stains; provided, that the defect is caused by such abuse or damage
- Body indentations: Less than minimum impressions as defined in “Warranty Coverage” above
- Mattress damage due to an inappropriate foundation or inadequate center support
- Normal Wear and Tear (Body impressions are a natural occurrence and are to be expected. This is due to the upholstery layers conforming to your body and do not necessarily indicate a structural defect.)
What will void my Warranty?
- Stains and soiling, so be sure to use a mattress protector
- Improper or unsupportive foundation; Mattresses need to be on a perfectly level platform/foundation
- Frame without adequate center support; A frame or bed frame should have at least 5 legs supporting slates or steel crossbars
- Missing law tag (law tag will have date of manufacturer and warranty code)
In the event of a defect that is covered under the manufacturer’s warranty guidelines, they will need the following from the customer:
- Pictures highlighting the visual indention in the mattress; This can be easily done by pulling a string across tightly or laying a straight edge on the top surface of the mattress showing the indention that is greater than 1.5 inches
- Picture showing that there is at least 5 legs supporting the slats or steel crossbars
- Picture showing that the top surface is free of stains and or soiling
To submit warranty pictures, please send them to: email@example.com or text pictures to our customer service team at 405-609-9398.
Reverie Adjustable Bed Bases:
Golden Mattress Company:
Malouf Sleep Products:
Stearns & Foster: